Welcome


Welcome to my writing blog, where I'll write about....whatever pleases me. But really, you'll find my poetry, quotes, snippets of stories, and recounts of things I've learned about writing and would like to share (because I like sharing, and information sharing can be quite invaluable). So, come on in, sit back, browse around, and let your mind wander through poetry and other musings of this writer. :)

Monday, January 28, 2013

Submitting Poetry

I wanted to share a blog I read today - some good tips on submitting poetry.
http://www.writersrelief.com/blog/2012/04/poetry-submissions-number-poems/

In my experience, if you have a certain style of writing that you really enjoy, search for a publication that fits your style, rather than trying to conform your poetry to something that you might not enjoy writing.  After all, as an artist, creating poetry, you have to be happy with your own creation before it can truly be appreciated by someone else. 

Searching for that "right fit" can be a daunting task, but it's so worth it when you find it.  Sometimes, it's just a matter of asking the Universe to point you in the right direction :)

Happy writing!

"Be inspired to create what you imagine." ~Linda Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment